A. For purposes of this section, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) “Contract for home improvement services” means a contractual agreement, written or oral, between a person performing home improvement services and a residential owner, and includes all labor, services and materials to be furnished and performed under such agreement;
(2) “Home improvement services” means the repair, replacement, remodeling, alteration, conversion, modernization, improvement, or addition to any residential property, and includes but is not limited to, the repair, replacement, remodeling, alteration, conversion, modernization, improvement, or addition to driveways, swimming pools, porches, garages, landscaping, fences, fall-out shelters, and roofing;
(3) “Home improvement services provider” means any person or entity, whether or not licensed pursuant to title 62, chapter 6, who undertakes to, attempts to, or submits a price or bid or offers to construct, supervise, superintend, oversee, schedule, direct, or in any manner assume charge of home improvement services for a fee. “Home improvement services provider” specifically includes but is not limited to a “residential contractor” as defined in § 62-6-102 when such contractor is performing home improvement services and a “home improvement contractor” as defined in § 62-6-501;
(4) “Possession” means actual care, custody, control, or management of residential property, but shall not include occupancy of residential property through a lease or rental agreement;
(5) “Residential owner” means a person who has legal possession of residential real property, including any person authorized by such residential owner to act on the residential owner’s behalf; and
(6) “Residential property” means the building structure where a person abides, lodges, resides or establishes a living accommodation, or where a residential owner intends to abide, lodge, reside or establish a living accommodation following the completion of home improvement services made pursuant to a contract for home improvement services, and includes the land on or adjacent to such building structure.